Sunday, December 26, 2004

And i think to myself, what a wonderful world.

I had a great day today to cap off another wonderful week of my life. I was unfortunately knocked out of the Lim Chu Kang Idol competition earlier on wednesday, which was really just a PR mission on the part of my battalion HQ. Every company was represented, and has to be so. Thus, some lesser competitors were allowed into the finals and i was to make way for them. But in the end, the first LCK Idol was really a notch above all the rest. So, even if i was to stand on stage with him, i don't suppose i'll stand much of a chance.

And that was LCK Idol, but i did pull off a gig that i particularly enjoyed, wearing my own x'mas gifts - a beige white adidas jogging coat and a pair of cool adidas tuscany goodyear racing shoes; a very good way to justify some spent cash. =P But now they are sitting pretty in my closet, for they are too nice to wear out onto the streets, though i suppose i will have to don them for casual purposes eventually. They were bought with hard-earned cash man! I must prove their worth on me. heh

Finally finished watching The Lord Of The Rings Special Extended Edition Trilogy. It was a damn impressive collection, for all the added scenes really brought out the story clearer, being much more relevant to the bona-fide novel, and that was with more exquisite special effects and outstanding scores. The intricacy of the closely knitted relationship shared between each and every key character was better portrayed and the loose ends that seemed to be hanging from the cinematic screenings were really tied up better. Now i have still the tome of cinematic documentaries and appendixes to negotiate. It will take a while longer yet to complete the viewing of this priceless gem - My Prrecciouss... =)

Last but not least was my perfect day today: I went for a good water session in Mac Ritchie on a K1, after nearly a year's absence, and realized, to my great astonishment, that i can still paddle acceptably. Boris, my coach asked me to compete with the national team guys and i was really not ready to do so. But after the testings, i was thinking: if not now, when? Might as well start now and know where i stand. It will save some considerable amount of time in catching up with the rest in the near future.

Then met up with my old classmates and shared many cheers over lunch at Pastamania, cineleisure, and it was really some good food! We then proceeded to play pool at monstercue, where i won four games in a row, at the expense of my friends. hehe...

Evening was spent jamming in Boon's Studios with Fucang for two hours, and we did a couple of our own songs and two covers. I really enjoyed myself on the drums. My beats and my feel of the rhythm became much clearer and precise, all thanks to the lessons learnt at Contempo School. After the jam session we discussed about our annual countdown BBQ at East Coast Park over prata and curry, together with some good old laughs induced by our shared reminiscences. I was rolling over with laughter practically every minute! We are one hilarious fivesome, and it's fantastic to know that we have lost none of the lustre of friendship built upon many yesteryears.

What a fantastic x'mas weekend! But i think next weekend would be tonnes better, after all, we only get to do countdown once in a year!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home